Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Southern Plantation Wedding

As I have stated before, I love planning weddings for friends. I asked my boyfriend to come up with an idea that is different than all the others I have done and he thought a Louisiana wedding would be pretty neat. So I took his suggestions (with a few changes of course) and planned out an awesome plantation wedding.

So my ideas. I thought a dark emerald green and white would be nice for this because many plantations are surrounded by beautiful luscious trees. I wanted to play off of the surroundings of a southern plantation and many seem to be full of green and white. To also go with the environment, victorian plates with frilly flowers would go with the Victorian vintage look. Along with china, a cake with some frilly green or victorian designs would embrace this look.

So once you have the design of your wedding with these colors and prints, think about one thing that is important to all of the south...food! If you are going to have a southern wedding, embrace it. Serve sweet tea with grilled chicken breasts. The perfect side are some cooked greens (also going with your green design) and also some corn bread. And for dessert, the dish that screams Louisiana the most would be beignets! Serve beignets with coffee to give that sweet french Victorian feel. Nothing beats southern food and nothing beats a sweet southern design. Just think about what you think about when you think southern and go from there! I hope you enjoy my ideas. Happy planning!

3 comments: