Thursday, February 17, 2011

Classic Vintage

As I've said a lot, I have a pretty specific style. So everything doesn't look too much the same, I plan weddings for friends, whether they are getting married or not. One friend asked me to plan her hypothetical one and this is what I came up with.

It is a very classic look that will never be out of style. It has a slight vintage that adds to the classic look. The color scheme is black, white, and light pink. For prints, I think thick stripes and damask make this look. I think using antique chandeliers anywhere in the decorations would look great. For my inspiration board, I used an image of a wedding that is in a tent. Where the tent pulls to the center, a large chandelier is hung making the look even classier. The bouquet is block bouquet of flowers and colors. They are all light pink Anemones. These are beautiful flowers and add to the vintage look.

This look is great because it can be outside in a field, under a tent, or in a gorgeous, vintage hotel or church. If in a hotel or another elaborate venue, try to keep decor to a minimum. Use these beautiful pink flowers along with pink peonies that come in the same color to place on tables and set around the venue. Use either solid black linens or damask print to pull the look together. Candles also can add to the classy look. Place small display trees on a few side tables, like ones for food or gifts. On the trees hang small candles and string pearls throughout the branches. These little things can pull a very classic look together. This is one of my favorites and designed after a friend. I hope you can take something from it to make it for you too! Happy Planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment