Sunday, February 13, 2011

Yacht Club

I have had a passion for boating since I was little. I love being on the water and just how everything makes me feel. The smells, the colors, and the food are so special. I think it is a great idea to take these aspects of boating and make it into a wedding! If a couple loves boating or just simply being on the water, make a nautical wedding!

I hate typical, and in fact I don't know anyone who likes it. So I'm not talking about the typical navy and white beach look. Mix it up a little and go with red and aqua and rather than beachy, give it a fun but classy yacht club look. Yacht clubs are all about fun and great parties. So take these ideas and put it into your day. Be creative and make your own nautical flags of these colors. Use painted buoys as decoration and use big round string lights to make it look as if you are at a marina. Make a logo for the couple and the day that is maybe a sailboat, a lighthouse or something else you love and use it on save the dates, invites, thank yous, and on everything during the big day. Since I don't believe in being too themey, try just use little aspects like the logo or buoys to tie it all together but no need to be wearing sailor suits and hats! Using little aspects to tie it together and as always some neutrals, it won't be too overwhelming.

For food, think about what you would eat at a yacht club party or just out on your boat. If you are ok with casual, make it a big barbecue with grilled chicken breasts, roasted veggies, and big summer salads. Or even more casual, just have some gourmet burgers. Just choose your favorite foods since it is your big day! Check out my ideas on my inspiration board and feel free to try out some of these ideas. Happy planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment